Here are five business ideas for young South Africans in 2023:
- Blogging: Starting a blog on a topic you’re passionate about can be a lucrative business idea for students and young entrepreneurs in South Africa. This requires a nominal investment and can generate significant income if done right [3, 10].
- Sanitation and Personal Protective Equipment: In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, young entrepreneurs can start a business manufacturing face masks, hand sanitizers, and alcohol-based cleaning disinfectants, or offer fumigating and disinfecting services for homes, offices, and schools .
- Local Produce Delivery Service: With the rise of online grocery stores and e-commerce in Africa, starting a local produce delivery service can be a great business idea. This type of business aims to provide a more convenient way for customers to receive fresh produce .
- Mobile Car Wash Business: Starting a mobile car wash business is another excellent idea for young entrepreneurs in South Africa. This type of business can be started with low capital and offers flexibility in terms of working hours and location .
- Social Media Consultancy: With the growing importance of social media for businesses, young South Africans can start a social media consultancy to help companies improve their online presence and reach their target audience more effectively .